Monday, April 8, 2019

To the girls he loved before me...

You are special. You are unique. I only know you from his stories, but I have much respect for you. Whilst I did not know the two of you when you were together and how your relationship was, I wish you understand that I was you. We are all just looking for love and to be loved and I know how painful it must have been to realize that your attempt at it did not work out. I'm sorry that you were both hurt. I can only hope that you both appreciate the time you had spent together to only remember the happy memories. I can only hope that you are as happy now as we are.

I hope that at this point in your life, someone had made you realize what I realized being with him. People come and go in our lives and each one has a purpose. And then there's that one person... That one person who truly will make you understand why your past relationships had to end. That one person who makes you smile every waking moment of every day. That one person who can't seem to upset you. That one person who knows how you will feel even before you do. That one person who speaks the language of your soul. That one person who gives you strength and peace of mind to face the unknown future. That one person... who for me happened to be him.

I pray that you have found whatever was lacking that made the two of you give up. I pray that wherever you are in life, you are at peace with the decisions you have made. I pray that you are contented with the person that the relationship and its end had turned you into.

There really is nothing much left to be said but thank you. Thank you for taking care of him and for loving him before he found me. Thank you for helping him realize the kind of partner he would like to be and thank you for helping him become the person that he is. I am infinitely grateful for you.

If we do end up meeting each other, no need to worry about any awkward silence. You will forever be a part of his life... and, now, you are a part of mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment